Thursday 2 June 2011

213 former finishers

Since 1990 the previous finishers have been allocated the early numbers to give some prestige to the achievement. Of course there are now more finishers starting than there were starters in 1990 (if you see what I mean).

Its a difficult exercise though as about a dozen previous finishers did not flag themselves as such when entering. I included what I thought were the extra names but (as has happened in previous years) I included some people with the same name as previous finishers.

David Brew and David Gelling are not previous finishers. Thanks to Karen Kneale for all the work she did following up the discrepancies.

So there are 213 (as per the programme) not 215.

Now that I have all of the entries reconciled and matched to the numbers I think I will republish the feature again in the next day or two. I can hardly keep my eyes open at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment